This is the first, of hopefully many, weekly show for this website. I did the first one by myself to see how it goes, but I plan on having guests in the future, to get an overview of the technical set up of the commodities and indices I follow, a geo guest who would explain mining terms to me, an analyst guest who would explain mining stock analysis tools, tips, and tricks to me, and hopefully even somebody who can talk to me about macroeconomic movements. For now, unfortunately for you, it’s just me, myself, and I.
This show was rather boring, kind of short, and split as follows:
1. Overview of the performance of the commodities and indices that I follow. Currently those include gold, silver, uranium, platinum, oil, copper, European stocks, Chinese stocks, Japanese stocks, growth stocks, value stocks, S&P 500 stocks, with a conclusion as to where we stand in all of those markets today.
2. “What’s cheap?”. In the second segment I went over the many ratios I keep and follow up with, to see which of the aforementioned is the cheapest one right now. Hint: this time it’s platinum. Platinum is extremely undervalued relative to the other commodities and indices. In here I also give an overview of the valuation on mainstream (S&P 500) equities, and I follow up with the relationship between value & growth, in the US, which seems to be turning the favor from growth, into value. RLV has outperformed RLG by almost 60% in the last 52 weeks.
3. An interesting article about gold. Something weird is happening in gold. Someone big is buying under $1,800.
4. Mining “Word of the Week” – Maintenance & assessment work was explained in this video.
5. Mining stocks analysis concept of the week. I explained the chart of performance vs trust, when it comes down to seeking a good management team, in the mining industry.
None of what you are about to hear, read, and see is intended as financial advice nor trading recommendations. Read the full disclaimer (https://resourcetalks.com/disclosure/) before continuing.
02:00 1. Weekly performance (percentages)
09:12 2. What’s cheap? (ratios)
44:45 3. Who’s buying gold under $1,800? (article)
47:45 4. Word of the Week (glossary)
53:50 5. Analysis tips (chart)
Please read this, it really is important and for your own good:
This video should not be considered investment advice of any sort. No trading recommendations are being made in this article. Be diligent and do your own research before risking your capital. The investment decisions of the author are based on their own investor profile. This includes, but is not limited to, their risk profile, their cash balance and their debts. The author likely has a higher risk appetite than yourself. That’s why you may never assume anything on this website to be personally tailored to your situation. Resource Talks, nor the Author of this article are a registered advisory service and we do not give investment advice. Our comments are an expression of opinion only and should not be construed in any manner whatsoever as recommendations to buy or sell a stock, option, future, bond, commodity or any other financial instrument at any time.
Am I wrong? Did I miss something? Great! We’re all here to learn. If you caught a mistake in this article, please start a conversation down below by correcting me and providing further literature for me and future readers to benefit from. Thanks!