In this week’s “Resource Heads”, I complain about the quality of macro-economic newsletters, Menachem tells me who to follow for good macro commentary, and Dr. Hennigh walks me through the news releases of a few interesting gold exploration companies, while also telling me where a huge new gold district might be forming.
things to know from this week’s video
- I am disappointed with the quality of macro-economic newsletters, as there is a lot of pretending going on. Many pretend to be the experts they aren’t, and are trying to explain concepts they can’t. Other scare people into believing a collapse of the financial system is imminent, so we better stay subscribed to their newsletter for guidance.
- When picking who to follow, look for critical thinkers who can back up their claims with official and relevant data, and are not blocking people on Twitter for disagreeing with them, or trying to poke holes in their theses.
- Examples of people who have some of the qualities mentioned above are:
– John Hussman – @hussmanjp
– Jeff Snider – @jeffSniderAP
– Lacy Hunt
– Eric Basmajian – @EPBresearch
– Dominique Dwor
– Stephanie Pomboy – @spomboy
– David Rosenberg – @econguyrosie
– Alfonso Pecatiello – @MacroAlf
- The 3 main things that matter in macro economics are:
– the labour market
– the housing market
– the debt market
- St. James Gold Corp, a paying customer of Resource Talks, just announced their first drill results. Although on the lower end of the curve, there are some promising intercepts in there. They have a lot more drilling and other work to do.
- Timberline Resources reported promising high grades and their stock moved up almost 15%.
- According to Dr. Hennigh, the carlin-type gold deposit in Nevada, close to the town of Eureka, is forming up to be a very promising, potentially a ground zero, district-scale gold discovery in the best mining jurisdiction in the world.
Please read this, and the full disclaimer over here, it really is important and for your own good:
This video should not be considered investment advice of any sort. Some companies mentioned in this video are paying customers of this website. The contents of this video are general and impersonal in nature No trading recommendations are being made in this article. Be diligent and do your own research before risking your capital. The investment decisions of the author are based on their own investor profile. This includes, but is not limited to, their risk profile, their cash balance and their debts. The author likely has a higher risk appetite than yourself. That’s why you may never assume anything on this website to be personally tailored to your situation. Resource Talks, nor the Author of this article are a registered advisory service and we do not give investment advice. Our comments are an expression of opinion only and should not be construed in any manner whatsoever as recommendations to buy or sell a stock, option, future, bond, commodity or any other financial instrument at any time.
00:00 I am disappointed with this
02:47 How to find good economy writers to follow?
06:00 Which economy writers are worth reading?
09:20 What does really matter in macroeconomics?
15:40 St. James Gold Corp news
21:30 Timberline & other Nevada companies news
26:50 The new district-scale gold deposit in Nevada
29:00 Where will the next district-scale gold deposits be, besides Nevada?